Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fun with canvas!

One of the sites I order prints from also offers prints on canvas. I looked at their pricing and it was a bit more than I was willing to spend just to try something new. Cari and I talked about it for a few minutes and then she came down stairs with a pad of canvas paper she uses in her art sometimes.

I trimmed up a piece to fit the printer and selected my test shot. I had to guess on the print settings before I printed my 4x6. It came out very good I thought.

I dug around in the closet and found an empty frame. A 5x7 wooden frame. I printed a 5x7 of the shot. This time it came out with several smudges. The paper was extremely sensitive to the oils on my fingers. The smudges added to the quality of the that type of print, but Cari liked a different frame better. The new frame is an 8x10.

One more sheet of paper and one more run through the printer. This time I used a towl to hold the page before printing. Here's what I got:
The frame I have is about the same color as the basket. I took the glass out of the frame and will display it with no glass. I am not sure that this photo of my print out does justice to the texture the canvas paper created. I'll have to find other suitable subjects for this type of print to test more results.

2 comments:

John said...

Nice, but I don't think you need to give another picture to show the quality. Those are grapes, right?

rakethetable said...

Cool idea!