Tuesday, March 11, 2008

People Keep Messing with ME!

I ordered a new hand held GPS unit last week. I also ordered the mapping software and a bracket to mount the unit to the windshield. Amazon is my favorite store. The lines aren't very long, the store is clean, they have wide aisles, and they are open 24 hours a day.

We opted for the free shipping on my order. In the past they shipped the items out in a day or two and the free shipping would take about three days.

I was checking the order status obsessively. A few days passed and they still hadn't shipped my order. On the fourth day they shipped the mapping software. The rest of the order remained on hold. Maybe the rest will ship on Monday.

Now it's Tuesday and the mapping software arrived in the mail. When I checked Amazon, I noticed they shipped out the windshield bracket this morning. The actual GPS remains on hold.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE MAPPING SOFTWARE? Mount the friggin' DVD to my windshield and guide myself as the sun reflects off the disk?

I suppose I could load the maps onto the computer and then route my trip before I leave the house. Oh yeah, that's kinda like using Google maps. Google maps is free.

Do you know how obsessed I have become about my order? I called Cari from work and asked her to check my order. Still, the GPS did not ship. Cari did a little searching for me and found another site selling the units for almost exactly the same price. This new site was also offering free shipping. Cari placed the new order and canceled the rest of the Amazon order.

If they thought it was funny to mess with me, I'd show them! I imagine some guy sitting at a desk looking at my new GPS and shipping all the accessories one by one. He'd watch me log in and check my order every five minutes and then laugh hard enough to fall out of his chair. Now who's laughing AMAZON ORDER GUY? Why don't you use that GPS to help you find a life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is all part of some extreme challege GPS scavenger hunt to see if you are worthy of getting the equipment.

Anonymous said...

It was ME! I WAS MESSING WITH YOU! MUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAA

RoadRunner said...

Amazon has been getting worse about that kind of thing lately. But more importantly, what GPS unit did you decide on?

Duck Hunter said...

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx. I chose it because I was inspired by Rake's eTrex Legend HCx.

RoadRunner said...

Cool. I think you will like the garmin compared to your last unit.

d e v a n said...

haha. That was funny. I LOVE Amazon, but recently had an order from them that didn't show up. I was bummed, but I did get my money back so no harm I guess.
It wasn't something as fun as a GPS though...

Aaron said...

I'm betting you just purchased it again from the same vendor! haha

Poptart said...

I predict you will get 2 broken GPS units (ifferent brands) and get charged for 3.