Thursday, March 13, 2008

NINE!

I have a nine year old now.
Before we took the boy out to dinner for pizza, we opened presents.

One of the great things he got was from his Aunt Amanda. It is an air powered rocket. You pump air into a locked chamber and build up pressure under the foam rocket. At the base of the pump is a pull cord. When you pull that, look out! It releases the rocket HIGH into the air.
It took me a few tries to get a picture of it in the air because my reaction time couldn't keep up with the speed of the rocket. If you look closely at the photo above, you can see the rocket. It has white foam at the top and bottom with a blue center. It's roughly a third from the top of the frame. Notice that all the kids are still looking down. I took it as he was pulling the cord and that's how high the rocket already went. It's mostly nerf type material, so it comes down a little slower than a piece of lead.

After dinner, we each decorated a car cake for his birthday.

Meredith does not have a car represented here because she ate hers while the rest of us finished up.
The nine year old did have a great birthday after school today, but now it's almost ten pm and he is still awake. Maybe the Dr. Pepper at dinner was a bit much for him. He is getting really whiny and a starting to get himself in trouble. It is rare for him to be awake past nine. He came in here as I was typing this blog and he could hardly keep his eyes open. He said he didn't want this day to be over yet.

7 comments:

jen said...

aw, happy birthday randy!!!

Anonymous said...

The rocket sounds like so much fun! Happy Birthday boy! Your son is one month older than my son! I guess I never really realized that! Cool!
P.S. Have I been sending you "blog comment" e-mails to the right address? Just checking.
~AB

RoadRunner said...

looks like a fun birthday.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Wishing the boy a happy belated birthday!! I'm glad he had a great day.

d e v a n said...

Glad he had a good birthday!

Valarie said...

Looks like fun! My oldest is going to be 8 in May. I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

Tammy said...

Randy and I share a Bday!!!! Happy Bday Randy!!!