Friday, August 08, 2008

Lunch Time

You already know that I love consistency. I love routine. I bring a bagged lunch 90 percent of the time to work. I drive over to the park and park in the same shady parking spot at roughly the same time EVERY day. The other 10 percent that I didn't bring my lunch, I drive over to Chick Fil A, got a #1 with a Dr. Pepper and proceeded to my parking spot at the park.

That's what made lunch time so exciting on Wednesday. I didn't do any of that. I decided I would have Schlotzsky's. The problem was that I didn't know where it was. A coworker told me it was across the street from the hospital. I wasn't about to admit to him that I didn't know where the hospital was because he made it sound like EVERYONE knows where that is. I was like, "oh, yeah. Next to the hospital. I know where that is." I got in my car and headed downtown. I was looking for the blue sign with the white "H". I spotted one that directed me straight ahead.

I was sight seeing as I drove through downtown, admiring the statues and buildings. I suppose that's why I missed my turn. I went through downtown and realized that the area I was entering didn't look like a hospital area. I went one block over and started back, looking for the blue signs again. I found one that directed me to take a right. Just a few minutes later I came up on the large brick hospital and, as told, directly across the street I found Schlotzsky's. I ate inside and enjoyed a great sandwich.

You'll be happy to know that I made it back to work without getting lost.
I know what you are thinking. You think that I'm living wild and crazy these days. Don't fool yourself, it was just one lunch.

4 comments:

Melba said...

This is funny...so like a man to not ask for directions and instead figure it all out on his own. Nothing wrong with that, it's just SO different from how I would have processed the same situation. :) Glad you enjoyed the sandwich, I haven't had Scholtzsky's for years!

d e v a n said...

haha! Glad you branched out and enjoyed it.

Mojo Jojo said...

I would say it's a good thing that you didn't know where the hospital is.

How was the food? I've never ate there.

Poptart said...

You are too crazy for color TV.