Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wildlife Park!

One of our stops on vacation was at Wildlife Prairie Park near Peoria, Il.




The park has a lot of nice trails and animals to view. A black bear, many kinds of wolves, bald eagles, and bison were some of the animals we saw. We had a great time walking the trails and seeing the animals.



After walking the trails we headed off to do some fishing in the park with Cari's uncle. Meredith caught the first fish of the day. Unfortunatly the fish took off Scott's finger. . .



After fishing I wanted to find a huge slide I had heard about. Randy stayed with Scott to fish a bit longer and I took the girls to find the slide. I believe the sign said it is 54' and NOT SUPERVISED! Can it get better? It looked like so much fun, I couldn't resist trying it.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That slide looks like a blast! I don't think I could have resisted either.

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have stuck around for that part. The snake part just scared me away :)

Aaron said...

They didn't build slides like that when I was a kid! :(

RoadRunner said...

fun

Anonymous said...

Was the slide bumpy? It looked a little bumpy.

I wouldn't have gone down. I'm chicken like that. :)

Melba said...

awesome slide...I want to be a kid again!