Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Stolen Goods

"Do you believe in the finders keepers philosophy?"
Cari responded to my question by not answering directly. "Sometimes."
She said it depends on the circumstances. Cari went into a whole discussion about acceptable times to call "finders keepers".

I wasn't in the mood for it, so I got right to the point and interrupted her. "You stole my mints."

Cari started laughing and told me she took HER mints out of my car.
The day before we had all went out in my car. Cari was passing out mints to the kids and me. That night, I was cleaning out my car and found the tin of mints partially crushed under the passenger seat. I was really pleased with my find and put them them in the cup holder.

I went to work the next morning crunching on a few mints and had a few more on the way home.
After work Cari took my car to the store. That's when she stole my mints.

I tried to call "finders keepers" and get my mints back as we stood in the kitchen. She told me to go buy my own mints.

"I wouldn't spend my money on that."

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Now the gig is up. You've got no choice but to steal them back!