Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pacifier

The mighty pacifier. It can have many names. While on vacation I learned a new one. I like it so much, I'm trying to make it stick.

Grandma was going to take a picture of Brenna and said, "Get the boppel." Apparently your baby should not have a "boppel" to take a proper picture.

When I first heard her say it, I just looked at Grandma. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do to the baby. If she had a boppel, I wasn't sure where it was.

What do you call it? I'm starting a poll tonight to last the week. If you call a pacifier by a name other than on the poll, leave a comment.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to call it a paci...now I am definetly going with bopple. So much more fun.

Melba said...

dummy tit...what can I say, I'm married to a Brit! :) I don't know if we'll actually call it that when the time comes, but it is the term we use affectionately now.

d e v a n said...

We say paci.

jen said...

we just say pacifier. yes we are boring.

Firefly said...

We always called it a soother, maybe that's a Canadian thing? So either soother or dummy work for me.

RoadRunner said...

The picture of you with a PACI is quite disturbing

Speed Seeker said...

LMAO...That picture is hilarious!

I know it as a Binky.

Poptart said...

The pink pacifier really brings out the color in your eyes.

Anonymous said...

We call it binky most of the time.

ray of hope said...

We called it a "wuss", referring to our son only needing it when he was very sad and crying. My husband started calling it that jokingly and it kind of just stuck.

Anonymous said...

"nuk" cause thats the brand i use, but my child's great grandmother calls it a plug