Sunday, November 04, 2007

make a decision

I almost always take my lunch to work. The few days that I don't, I like to go to Chick-fil-A.

Today, Sunday, I didn't take my lunch to work. Chick-fil-A is closed on Sunday. I decided to go to Publix (grocery store) and get some bread. That's all, just bread. They have some of the best breads.

Once inside, I was nervous that just bread wouldn't fill me up for long. I walked to the Deli section and got in line for a sub. Then I thought I didn't want to spend that much money. Back to the bakery. I picked up the bread I wanted and started to walk off. I was going to get a drink and some chips. Getting a sub instead of the bread wouldn't cost that much more.

I put the bread back and got back in line for the sub. After I got the sub, I went searching for a drink. I wanted Gatorade. It wasn't near the Pepsi. Once I found Gatorade, I decided I didn't want to spend that much for a large container. There weren't any smaller containers sold individually. I walked back to the Pepsi, but didn't really want that. I decided just to spend the money. Back to the Gatorade where I had to decide on flavor.

A full twenty minutes passed from the time I entered, until I was back in my car.

I drove back to work. I was going to sit in the car and listen to the radio during the rest of my lunch. I parked in my normal spot, but decided there were too many people around. I drove over to the park where I ALWAYS eat lunch. Why didn't I just go there to begin with? I DON'T KNOW.

Once at the park, I unpacked my sub, chips, and Gatorade. I looked at the clock. More than half of my lunch time was already gone. All because I couldn't make a few SIMPLE decisions.

I called Cari to complain about myself. I told her that is why I have to take my lunch everyday. I would go crazy if I had to make decisions like that everyday.

3 comments:

rakethetable said...

Too funny. I also struggle over those same simple issues. I can have $200 in my wallet. However, I will choose a meal option that is $0.10 cheaper. Sometimes I laugh at myself.

d e v a n said...

haha. Well, was the sub good?

One Scrappy Gal said...

What kind of sub was it?

And who has just bread for lunch? Seriously!!