Thursday, November 01, 2007

Squash

Have I ever told you the story of Squash?

This story came about while having dinner with some friends. Debbie had prepared a great meal that included squash. I was not about to eat any of the squash. She and Cari tried to convince me to put some of the mash into my mouth. So, I created the following story to distract them of their goal.

It's called squash for a reason. The Indians named it. They planted it, cared for the plants, and carefully harvested the vegetable.

So much work went into getting this nutrition. The women cooked it and served it to the men proudly.

It tasted so nasty the men threw it to the ground and stomped on it to show their displeasure with this new item. The men went into the field and squashed the rest of the vegetable.

Ever since that day, the women called it "Squash". For some reason, only women can enjoy it.

I don't think anyone was believing my story as I told it. It did save me from tasting squash for another five minutes. After my story I did force down one bite. That was my last bite of squash.

4 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

My husband would agree with your story. He refuses to eat any squash too. Men!

Anonymous said...

Ed you loved my squash casserole! At least that is what you told me.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

do you eat zucchini? zucchini is a type of squash.

Duck Hunter said...

Debbie- you liar!

Anon- no zucchini either. bleh!