Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wisdom

When I made my sunrise trip to the mountains last week, I couldn't help but to pay a visit to Pretty Place. I've written about it before and showed you pictures. I have one more to share with you. Every pillar of this outdoor chapel has plaques on each side. Each one with a prayer, bible verse, or quote.

I took some time to read a few more of these while there. Here was one of my favorites.

It says:


"We can only see a little of the ocean.
Just a few miles distant from the rocky shore;
But out there - Far beyond our eyes' horizon,
There's more - Immeasurably more.
We can only see a little of God's Loving - A few rich treasures from his mighty store;
But out there - Far beyond our eyes' horizon, there's more - Immeasurably more."
- Author Unknown

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

beautiful!

One Scrappy Gal said...

That's a beautiful poem. I will have to memorize it and re-read it on days when I'm feeling down.