Thursday, November 29, 2007

STOLEN!

MARIO HAS BEEN STOLEN!

I didn't have to work yesterday, so I thought it would be a great time to open the new Mario game and try it out while the kids were at school. Cari shut down my idea and said I should wait until my birthday or Christmas. She suggested I go play one of the games I haven't finished yet.

I went and played another game for about an hour. Cari had a doctor appointment and was gone during that time. When she got home, she went upstairs to feed the baby. I followed her up there and suggested we get the new Mario game going. She again told me we were going to wait. She asked what happened to the game I was just playing.

"Yeah, it is fun, but it's not Mario Galaxy", I told her.

I walked over to my dresser and opened the top drawer. An EMPTY Toys-R-Us bag was inside. I pulled the bag out and looked in the drawer. I quickly turned back toward the bed, holding the bag. I didn't even have to ask, Cari's expression told me she had stolen the game. Then she busted out in laughter.

"Where's my game?", I demanded. She was laughing.

"What game?", she asked.

I walked into the closet to begin my search. I closed the closet door behind me and Cari shouted for me to stop looking. Turns out she did know what game I was looking for.

Honestly, I don't know how long ago she took it. I was holding it until I had these days off. I told her that she stole my game. She denied the charge and said that it was a Christmas present.

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Right now I believe the game to be in the attic. The attic is a maze of boxes and bags. It probably is not hidden up there, just placed. If she DID hide it, I would be up there until Christmas.

Cari is very entertained at her prank and believes I am enjoying this nonsense as well. In reality, I just want to play Mario Galaxy.

7 comments:

d e v a n said...

uh oh! Guess you'll have to wait till Christmas.

Anonymous said...

look in her end table! at least that's where I'm hiding ours.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Way to show some restraint!!

Did we not discuss you waiting and eating pop tarts the wrong way?

The reward will be that much more delicious when you do get to crank that baby in!! :)

Aaron said...

I win!

rakethetable said...

Poor Guy.

Show her by going out and buying another one just like it. Then start playing it in front of her. When she says "how did you find that?", tell her it was easy and obvious. ....
Play it on from there.

Speed Seeker said...

LOL...I like Rake's idea...haha

That sucks, but leave it to the women to play their pranks...hehe They don't get too many chances, so they need to have their fun. ;)

Mojo Jojo said...

You just have to post how fun the game is as I'm thinking about getting it.

If you haven't played Mario vs. Sonic...Oh my...My arms are hurting just thinking about the game.

This is the lastest game played at my house and all the other ones are collecting dust right now.