Friday, October 19, 2007

A few notes

Brenna is no longer under the heat lamp. They (nurse and Cari) got her dressed on Thursday and moved her into a regular crib. She is still getting oxygen and breathing too fast for a bottle.

Take a second and answer the new poll. We'll talk about it in a few days.

I talked to work today. I told them I would return to work on Monday. I really don't want to, but I knew eventually I would have to return. Brenna will still be in the hospital. Cari and I have been spending our days there with her. Now, Cari will have to go alone. On Monday the doctor said we will talk about moving the baby to the hospital closer to home. That would be great.
BUT. He sounded like he would only do it if her breathing is better.

While in the NICU today, Cari started talking to a mom that has been there every day. Her baby is in a room near Brenna. This mother had her baby boy twelve weeks early. He is 4 months old today. She has been there every day and her husband every night.

Randy and I are headed out camping tonight. I sure hope nobody wakes me at 12:30 like last week.

More pictures and words tomorrow.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

I hope she's able to come home soon!!
I voted frosting side up but I probably haven't eaten a pop tart since I was a teenager...

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit :)

Melba said...

Glad to see things are getting better. I'm still thinking about you guys a lot and I can't wait to see the post about Brenna's homecoming!

One Scrappy Gal said...

It's great that you guys can be there. When my son was in the hospital, first for his URI and then heart surgery, there was a baby boy that was about 9 months old in a room by himself. He had been in NICU for about 4 months (born prematurely) and then transferred to the pediatric heart ward. He would cry and no one would be there... only the nurses. They said the father had to work full time and the mom had 4 other kids at home including that baby's twin. We found out later that the father worked with my husband. It's hard. I can't imagine not having been able to be there at my boy's side but I know that's not always a possibility for everyone.