Thursday, October 25, 2007

So SWEET!

Over the past week I asked you to participate in a poll. How do you eat poptarts?
The majority of you said you eat them frosting side up. Two of you said you don't know what poptarts are. Where have the two of you been? Over 2 billion poptarts are sold each year!

This poll was prompted after a discussion Cari and I had last week. There were plenty of blog worthy discussions last week as we sat in a hospital staring at each other every day.

Cari bit into her poptart, frosting side up.
"You're doing that backwards," I told her. "Your taste buds are in your tongue. Why would you put the frosting furthest away from it? It's such a waste". For the record, there are some taste buds on the roof of your mouth, but it is believed that the areas that recognize sweet tastes are on the tongue. (Wiki)

Cari continued chomping on the sugared breakfast. She didn't say anything, but gave me the look. The look that says, "You're crazy".

I explained to her that if you flip the poptart frosting side down you will maximize the amount of sweetness you taste in the frosting. Plus the frosting is so smooth on your tongue. It's kinda relaxing. Like licking a silk shirt.

Eating a poptart frosting side up is like licking your jeans. No taste and rough on the tongue.

As I gave Cari her science lesson, her expression remained blank. After she took her last bite, still frosting side up, I asked her how it tasted.

Without smiling she said, "Why don't you lick your jeans and find out".

9 comments:

rakethetable said...

Come on Duck. It doesn't matter about the frosting. It's the taste of the filling on the inside. And that my friend fills your mouth and covering your tongue as you chew. Hence, I too would have given you the blank stare as you asked that question.

d e v a n said...

hmm, I never thought of it that way. If I ever eat a poptart again (which I kind of doubt), I'll try it.

jen said...

haha I knew this was where it was going.

I can't stand pop tarts anymore. Too sweet for my geriatric mouth I guess.

Speed Seeker said...

LMAO..."Like licking a silk shirt"

I lost it when I got to that point. Realized the reference a sentence later and lost it again on Cari's comment. LOL

One Scrappy Gal said...

When did you lick a silk shirt? How do you KNOW?

Anonymous said...

Cari,

Cook more tastful food for Ed. He has been licking his silk shirts and jeans in search of hidden flavor.

Firefly said...

So does that mean you eat your pizza cheese side down? Toast with jam/peanut butter side down? you are probably a heck of a messy eater!

Duck Hunter said...

Rake- believe me. Try it. It's in the frosting.

Scrappy Gal - That story is a post of its own. Maybe someday.

Firefly - LOL. I was afraid someone would ask about that. What about cake too?

Proto said...

Doesn't that mean that at least four billion folk, did not get a pop-tart last year?