Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I am home. . .

but am I in the right house?
Look closely at this photograph. The couple that is pictured in that pink box are strangers. So why do they look over the baby's crib? I stood and looked at that for a minute yesterday morning, trying to remember where I know them from. I spun around the room making sure that I was in the right place. I don't know them and I've never seen them before. Maybe Cari knows who they are.

I determined that I was in the house and the people in that box are not. As I took a photo of it, Cari came in to see what I was doing. "Do you know them", I asked. She responded only by laughing. Maybe we adopted this baby and those are her happy parents. Maybe Brenna made friends at the park last week. Maybe someone put that photo box on the shelf and left the paper from the store in all the windows.

Shortly after taking the picture, Cari was downstairs with the box, adding photos of Brenna to each window. It's not like we have a shortage of our own prints that we should display photos of strangers. Tonight, I'm going to start checking the frames in the hallway for more strangers.

3 comments:

RoadRunner said...

Maybe you should start checking strangers houses for pictures of you and the family.

jen said...

I don't know, the woman could almost be Cari.

I have strangers in my home too but I just wanted to get the picture frame on the wall and away from the destructive hands of the children. I'm sure you know how that goes he he

One Scrappy Gal said...

This is the funniest thing I've read this morning. I can just see you standing there for a second, wondering if you even LIVE at that house. I have frames with strangers in them too. Happy, sun kissed, wealthy strangers. Riding the ferris wheel, driving expensive cars, and frolicking in the meadows. Lucky bastards.