Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Phase One Complete

I've just spent my two days off working in our new garden. I'm tired and sore. I need to go back to work tomorrow just to get a break.

We planted 24 Japanese Boxwood, 4 roses, (are you counting all the holes I had to dig in the rock hard clay?) and countless flowers. Then on Tuesday Cari and I mixed concrete all day as we made our own sidewalk through the garden. I was just so happy to not be digging holes. The sidewalk is done but the cement won't come off of my hands.

Here's a few shots I took tonight.

The path that curves to the right ends under the bird feeder so stop thinking it's a dead end.

We are still working on this, but the hard part of getting started is done.

I'm hoping those boxwood will grow into a solid hedge to create a boundry. The bottom left corner of the path at the intersection is planned to be tulips for next year. Cari has claimed rights to all space to the right of the path. Don't ask me what she's going to do with it. She might place a cactus, a butterfly bush, or a statue of a naked man. Only she knows.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote statue of a naked man!!

It looks great. I stopped counting holes after 8. Can you even lift your arms today?

RoadRunner said...

Looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product, granted there is no naked man in the garden.

Farm Girl in MD said...

Looks like a lot of work. I can't even keep potted plants alive! Let alone a whole garden full.

Poptart said...

I vote for the naked man!!

Melba said...

Oh MAN...the physical exhaustion after a day of digging is like no other. Your efforts seem to have paid off though, it looks great! I too vote for the statue of a naked man...that would be so cool.

Aaron said...

If you're going with the naked man approach, I vote for one with a "water fountain" into a bird bath. :)

d e v a n said...

The garden looks great!