Saturday, May 10, 2008

Liberty Idol Season 3

Liberty Idol has started up again and the crowds are getting bigger each week. Tonight was one of the first weeks for the audience to vote and the street was getting full. The crowd continues to the left of this photo down the street.

The singing contest is open to anyone and any age. Tonight we saw an age range of 9 years to approx 60 years.

We took our chairs and lounged in the street with everyone else tonight and listened to the music. Some of them were really good.
On the way to the blocked off street, you have to walk past the "crazy Christians". That's my term. These guys don't mean any harm, I just don't agree with the way they are trying to spread the message. Standing on a corner holding signs and yelling at people as they walk by is their method. It's my opinion that the guy screaming at people won't change many hearts tonight. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, the cops weren't letting him past the corner.


I walked over to the butcher shop for some ice cream for my family. Yes, I said I bought the ice cream at the butcher shop. Randy took the walk (crossing the street) with me and Cari provided the funding with some cash. After I delivered the ice cream, I walked closer to the stage for a photo.
When I got back Cari asked for her change. I just smiled and played dumb. Then she said that the ice cream was only $4 and she wanted her $9 back. "How do you know how much I paid for the ice cream?", I asked.

"Randy told me. Now give me my change." I handed over half the change and bargained to keep some. When another singer took the stage, I directed Cari's attention to him and I came home with a few bucks in my pocket.
Liberty Idol is becoming a bigger event each week and is a pretty good time. I plan on going anytime I'm not working Saturday night. Maybe I'll try to get a video for you next time.
There's also the possibility I can make a few dollars working Cari for her change each week too. There WAS a chance. . . until I wrote this blog.

2 comments:

rakethetable said...

poor Duck. Having to bargain for money.

Anonymous said...

Are they still going to be doing it when I am there? Sounds like fun. I think they were doing it another time when I was there,