Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rose Garden

We started work on a new garden Friday afternoon . It's a large area that Cari and I have been planning for about a month. We wanted to plan and discuss the look before we went shopping. I'm taking about half of the garden to put a path with stepping stones, a bench at the end of the path, and several rose bushes / trees along each side.

I have blisters on my hands after digging in the hard clay to plant four roses today.

Cari has her half planned as well. All I'll say is that she'll be digging a lot more than I will.

I'll get some photos of our garden posted next week. We have more work to do before we show you.

3 comments:

Poptart said...

That sounds like so much fun. Gardening is therapy.

rakethetable said...

When you are done, come to Ga and do it again in my backyard.

Thanks in advance.

Melba said...

Yeah...see...gardens are a work in progress. You can't go around taking pictures until the time is right! It's hard work too, planting and digging. We also have clay soil, so I know your pain.