Thursday, July 17, 2008

Did You Say Guitar Hero?

Guitar Hero seems to be overly popular right now. Every day a new Guitar Hero game seems to be released. In the past month they made a Guitar Hero game for the Nintendo DS and then on Monday they announced a new version being worked on.

I've NEVER played Guitar Hero. EVER. I'm kinda curious what all the fuss is about. When I looked to possibly buy Guitar Hero I noticed it costs about $80. It must be REALLY good.

Anyway, this has become the joke around our house for the past week. Every time Cari is running to the store I'll say, "Did you say you were going to buy Guitar Hero?" We will be sitting around watching TV and Randy will head to the kitchen for some water. "Randy, did you say you wanted to play Guitar Hero?" During dinner the other night, Meredith asked me to pass the ketchup. "What did you say about Guitar Hero?"

Randy even got in on it. When I was at work yesterday, Cari told him to go clean his room. He replied, "You want me to play Guitar Hero?"

Last night at dinner it came up again and I said the joke is over. No more asking about Guitar Hero, it costs too much and we are not going to buy it.

Cari waited until I finished and said, "You really want me to buy Guitar Hero?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give in. It may be fun for about 45 minutes, but then it gets very tedious.

I haven't played Guitar Hero, but I've played Rock Band, which is similar.

RoadRunner said...

its a great party game

Poptart said...

I can totally kick Roadrunner's butt at Guitar Hero!

Anonymous said...

I believe Rock Bank is the way to go! We have it and it is now the families addition to rock out! We have a drum set, microphone, bass guitar, and guitar. How addicting it is! That is the only problem with it but hours and I mean hours of fun!

Anonymous said...

We got GH3 for the Wii, we played it like crazy for the first 3 or 4 weeks now we dont even touch the wii.

you could possibly borrow ours.

-Grant

Anonymous said...

My husband bought me Guitar Hero before he left for sea. He told me to practice hard while he was gone...because he was going to kick my nether regions when he got back. I haven't played it much but the few times I did, it was fun. So far, I'm still doing Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar on the easy level. Of course, I can't ADMIT I have Guitar Hero to most people... it makes me look like a hick. :)