Friday, July 25, 2008

Some Cats are bi-polar

I am starting to realize that cats are taking over around here. Ever since we have been working on our garden, we have had a vagrant move in. I have named him Garden Kitty.
He's a nice cat that lounges in the garden waiting to be petted. As he rubs up on your leg, you start to believe that he is a gentle and lonely kitty. I never saw aggressive behavior from him until the neighbors cat strolled over.

It turns out Garden Kitty is territorial. The neighbors white haired cat left behind enough fur to make a blanket.
As time went on, it seemed that Garden Kitty was getting cocky. He would lay in the driveway during the day and then refuse to move if you started backing the car out. He would look at the car as if to dare the metal beast. Sure enough, Randy had to jump out of the car and physically move the cat before we continued on our trip.

Two days ago I was in the front yard trimming some trees. Garden Kitty had gotten bored with me and laid down in the road. It wasn't long before a car came around the corner. The car moved slowly as they drove into my grass. When I looked up I realized they were driving around the cat laying in the center of the road.

Either Garden Cat has an attitude or a suicide wish.

That brings us to yesterday. We were all outside packing up the car to go out for a while. Four Blue Jays were at the end of the driveway squawking loudly and flying around. When I looked around I saw Garden Cat laying in the driveway below them. I really wish I had my camera to take pictures of the Blue Jays dive bombing my cat but my camera was packed away and I wouldn't be able to get it before the moment was over.

Garden Cat continued laying there as the birds screamed. The cat was just lying there and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I went inside to use the bathroom and when I came out to get in the car Cari told me the cat got one.

She said the birds were diving at him and Garden Cat jumped up and grabbed one. He killed it and then dropped it in the bushes. The remaining Blue Jays were REALLY mad now and making a ton more noise. I saw another one bomb the cat. I was wondering how many birds were going to die before they caught on.

As I watered the garden tonight, Garden Kitty came up to get petted. He is such a sweet kitty.

Too bad he is bi-polar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics. Your garden looks really good too.

Melba said...

He looks sweet and innocent, too bad for those birds that looks can be deceiving!

Poptart said...

Nice pics of the bi-polar kitty.

Shawn Jennings said...

That's a great shot of kitty walking toward you! I like the low POV and dof.

Speed Seeker said...

Great pictures! I hope he doesn't push his luck too far with the metal beasts. Seems those are the only ones he'd lose against. ;)