Monday, July 07, 2008

Following the Rules

It seems that if you have a blog and live in the United States that you have to post a photo of fire works from July 4th.

Here's mine:
I had to work on Friday but thankfully, I was able to get the early shift and get home in time for us to go out. We headed into Pickens, as we always do for the 4th, for their festival. We all wore matching shirts.

The festival is free and sponsered by a church. Main Street is closed and filled in with carnival rides and inflatable slides for the kids. There are several rides that I won't ride on, including this one:
Of course it wouldn't be a festival without funnel cake.

We had some great weather around here that it made it nice to sit on the road and listen to the band play. They did a great job with the fireworks too.

5 comments:

Melba said...

no fireworks pictures for me this year...for the first time in I don't know how long. [sigh] We never did find a show to see after the rainy week we had, but I did get to see some {cheesy} fireworks from my back yard. I guess my traditions are as yet unbroken after all!

I like yours though, nice shot...I like the way you can see people's heads in silhouette. The matching shirts are cute too. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't remember there being a rule about this, but I did it anyway. Your obligatory shot turned out very nicely.

Anonymous said...

I went to the submarine festival but unfortunately, didn't get any funnel cake. I saw the vendor picking his nose... I didn't WANT him to make my funnel cake after that...

Beautiful photo of the fireworks!! Mine always come out blurry...

Duck Hunter said...

Thanks for the comments on the photo. I set my tripod up low to the ground and used a remote to trigger the shutter. Kept the blur out of it.

Aaron said...

I'm a rule-breaker this year!