Monday, July 21, 2008

Three to Five

The ratio of 4 legged creatures to 2 legged just got smaller.

Cari announced recently that she had to have an orange striped kitty. It would would have been ok if she announced that to only me. I can ignore that request for YEARS. This announcement was made to a neighbor whose cat just had kittens.

I was at work when my, now favorite, neighbor brought over the kitty. Cari texted me and, when I didn't respond, she texted me again with a photo. I finaly called home to see what was going on. She asked if she could keep the kitten.

At this point, there was no reason for me to answer her question. Both kids were fawning over the thing and would cry for days if I took it away. On top of that, Cari already made up her mind that she was keeping it.

When I got home, Cari was cuddled on the couch with her baby. No. Not Brenna. The orange kitty.

The score is now:
1 dog - mostly a good dog. barks at people coming up the driveway.
1 cat - I don't like the cat. Not even a little.
1 orange kitty that is so cute we couldn't possibly give it away and it doesn't even have a name yet.

On the other side we have:
1 me - perfect
1 her - wonderful and perfectly in love with orange kitty
1 baby - beautiful but can't talk yet
1 girl - I love her even if she can't stop talking
1 boy - he's like me

You can see the human population in the house is still winning. . . for now.

4 comments:

tallia said...

The kitty is pretty cute despite no identity. Reminds me of my late orange cat when he was a kitten. On the other hand of things though, there are 12 furry legs and only 10 human ones. ;)

Melba said...

that kitten is adorable...will you let us vote on her name?? :)

Anonymous said...

Aww..Do you still have the orange garden kitty ???

Anonymous said...

Didn't you JUST dig a hole for a cat??

I have to admit..it IS a cute kitty! Now can they get a yak?