Saturday, July 05, 2008

It's Not the Same

We went bowling on Thursday and found out that holding a 13 lb ball is different than bowling with a Wii controller.

Cari had started talking trash about kicking my butt before we even got out of the car. I threw my first frame and scored 3. I got nervous about losing. Cari started laughing and reminded me she was going to kick my butt. Then she threw a gutter ball. Her second throw scored her five pins. It was going to be close.

The kids had the lane next to us with bumpers up. At one point both kids were scored higher than the adults.

At the end of the first game, Cari and I agreed to never speak of the results and pretend it didn't happen. That was just warm up and didn't count.

Our third game was not warm up and it did count. The result of our third game:

Ed: 167

Cari: 84

When she challenges a rematch, I think it will be on the Wii.

2 comments:

RoadRunner said...

Nice

Anonymous said...

Dude - 167 is still better than my best game. I'm just not a bowlist.