Saturday, July 18, 2009

5 second rule x2

Everyone knows the five second rule. But I need clarification.

I was eating some Fritos last night and I dropped one as I tried to get it into my mouth. -- Yeah, I'm not sure how I missed, but I did.

I quickly grabbed it up off the floor before the dog could get to it. I turned it over in my hand while I did a quick inspection for random debre. It seemed clean enough and had only been on the floor for two seconds.

I went to pop it in my mouth again and failed. The same chip hit the ground once more. I quickly scooped it up and noticed my kids looking at me. They were watching to see if I would eat it. I became some sort of entertainment for them.
I scrunched up my eyes, confused by their stares. "It's the five second rule", I said.

Doesn't the five seconds start over each time you drop it?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

haha...sure it would apply at home. Not sure I would use that strategy other places but home is good :)

Aaron said...

Isn't that like double-jeopardy?