Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shaved

Contrary to popular belief, I do not like being late to work. For a period of time last year, I couldn't get to work without being at least five minutes late.

In the past month, I have been MUCH better and one day I was even five minutes EARLY. Seriously!

When I left for work on Monday morning, I was on track to be five minutes early. I avoided the snooze button and was on my game all morning. I even shaved quickly while in the shower. Nothing was going to stop me from being the hero at work.

About five minutes into my drive I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear view mirror and started my happy morning came to a screeching hault. I had shaved a bit too quickly in the shower, after having not shaved for the past three days. What remained on my face were two big patches of hair. One on my cheek and one on my chin. I had to turn around.

Driving back to the house put me even on time, and the five minutes it took me to shave and get back into the car put me at five over. I really don't like being late. I just don't allow time for errors.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOL :-)