Friday, July 10, 2009

Puzzle Me NOT

We finished our jigsaw puzzle! Even with a cat sleeping on the pieces each night, we were able to complete the 1,000 pieces without losing one. Now we are a bit hooked on puzzles. They can be found at Walmart or Target for ten to fifteen dollars.

Then I had the idea of creating my own puzzle. After a short search online, I found many places that offered to take one of my photos and convert it into a puzzle. The sites that would make large puzzles around 1,000 pieces wanted up to $90.

How is it that Walmart will sell a puzzle for $10 AND supply the art but when I use my own art it costs $90? I just got a business idea! My next Google search sent me to China where I found several puzzle cutting machines. For less than a thousand dollars I could start operations. Within fifteen sold puzzles, I will have made my money back on the machine.

I put together my business proposal and went to the boss for approval. Without even hearing my full idea she said no. She didn't even hear the whole plan! Maybe I shouldn't have started by asking to spend $1,000. Looking back, I now realize she tuned me out after my first sentence.

For now, we'll just be getting our puzzles at Walmart.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You could pick them up at yard sales for cheaper.

Of course, there are probably a few missing pieces -- but you can blame the cat for that. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is actually a great idea, let me know if you want a website. duckpuzzles.com seems to be available. -Grant