Monday, July 06, 2009

Church Signs

I have the opportunity to drive past several church signs on my way to and from work each day and seeing the messages they display to the community. It's not just a simple, "Worship at 11" sign. This is their chance to get someones attention.

After Christmas one church wrote, "Now open between Christmas and Easter."

This past week, for the 4th of July two neighboring churches posted similar quotes on their boards.

"The Bible is the cornerstone of liberty", Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests.", Andrew Jackson

It could be easy to drive by and not pay much attention to what those men were saying. But I had another twenty minutes of driving before I got home and I had some time to think about it.

Those two quotes added to the meaning of my holiday this weekend and I thought I'd share them with you this morning.

No comments: