Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WWE SMACKDOWN!

On Sunday the kids and I headed into Greenville to see some WWE wrestling. The three of us have started to watch wrestling over the past couple of weeks and they already have favorite wrestlers to watch and cheer for. When a commercial came on one night saying that they were coming to Greenville how I could I say no? Cari almost said no when she saw how much three tickets cost, but we went anyway.

We found out their favorite, Jeff Hardy, was going to be in the show so that added a whole new level of excitement. When we got there one of the ushers told me I wasn't allowed to bring my camera in because it was too nice. I suppose they are afraid I'll make my own posters or something. He said any camera with detachable lenses are not allowed. I didn't argue and I went to check my camera in at the desk.

I won't bore you with the blow by blow replay but let me tell you about the atmosphere of big show wrestling. WWE puts on a GREAT show. You have to go with the mindset that you are going to be a part of it. You have to shout for the good guys, boo the bad guys, and count the fallen guy out to three with the ref. That's part of the fun.

The lights go down and the music starts playing before a wrestler enters the arena. Every wrestler has his / her (yeah, we saw girls wrestle too) own theme song, so the kids knew exactly who was coming out based on the first few notes. When a popular wrestler entered the ring, the entire place would go crazy. There was TONS of energy in this place.

As a guy got pinned and the ref started counting to three with slaps to the mat, the whole crowd would get into it. "ONE!" "TWO!" Then the pinned guy would kick out of it and get back up and the crowd would moan. It was like you were telling the other guy, "You almost had him."

Meredith had a notepad and she was making mini posters through the evening to hold up and she came face to face with Jeff Hardy at the end of the night. She was against the gate where he walked by to leave the arena.

The other cool thing was to see the wrestlers that you watch on tv every week up close. Even if you never watch wrestling, I had NEVER watched it until about a month ago, going to see them live is something great.

The WWE is World Wrestling Entertainment and they definatly know how to put on a great show.


1 comment:

rakethetable said...

I can only image.