Thursday, April 28, 2005

3 year old dictator

Meredith is not allowed to eat in the family room. When I approached her the other morning, this is the face I saw.

That's the "I'm caught, but not giving up", face. Look closely at her closed fist.
"Meredith what's in your hand?", I asked her. I got no responce. As I pryed her hand open, I realized I was dealing with a fist full of honey! When her hand was open, she told me with a smile, "I like honey!".

One of the main roles in the house that Meredith has taken recently, is becoming the house censor. If someone says a bad word, especially if it is mom or dad, she is quick to tell you. You don't have to be talking to her, just within ear shot of her. No matter if you think she is listening or not, she will hear you. Her favorite word to catch you saying is, "stupid".
"Dad, you said a bad word.", she will warn.
"No I didn't. What did I say?", I plead my innocence.
"You said stupid, and stupid is a bad word. I'm telling mom.", she convicted me.
Even at Wal-Mart people are not safe from her super sensitive ears.
"Mom, did you hear that lady say a bad word? She said damnit!", she rats out the lady still within hearing distance.

We are now very carefull where the little dictator is before having conversations.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

So, was she just licking the honey out of her hand? She's adorable. I want one just like her. Can I buy her from you?

Duck Hunter said...

She would open her hand and quickly push her open palm to her face. This created quite a mess as honey would cover her entire face. No, you can not buy her from me, we are training her to do chores so we have more free time. If needed I can send you instructions how you can get your own. :)

Miranda said...

Oh, we've been practicing. :) I'm a little nervous about that 0-2 age range. Once they can walk and talk, I'll be fine. And what if I have an ugly kid. I'd rather just buy yours. She's cute.