Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day 2

Before I start writing about yesterday, I want to share some interesting things about the Pope.

It seems that Pope John Paul II will die in the next few hours/days. I read a brief biography about him at CNN this morning.


Wojtyla chose the same name as his predecessor -- whose reign lasted just 34 days before he died of a heart attack -- and added another Roman numeral in becoming the first Slavic pope. He was also the first non-Italian pope in 455 years (the last was Adrian VI in 1523) and, at 58, the youngest pope in 132 years.



Chose his name? What name would I choose if I was a Pope? hmm.... maybe a Simpsons inspired, "Pope Max Power I". That sounds like a Pope who can make things happen.

----------Day 2: appliances----------

Friday started with a walk around the block. The kids went inside to play some games while I spread some fertilizer on the lawn. After I went inside, I felt very sick. I laid on the couch while the kids played for about two hours. My head was pounding. After I laid down and took a Tylenol, I felt much better. Built a clubhouse up in Randy's room because it was raining outside. We took every sheet and blanket we could find and hung them around his room. We had fun putting it up and playing, but I do not look forward to folding it all back up. Would balling it up in the corner of a closet be acceptable?

I had to run the dishwasher on Friday. Would you believe I have never turned the thing on before? It's true. So I loaded it up, in a manner that I have seen Cari do before. Put some slime in the cup and closed it, as directed on the lid of the cup. Closed the door and locked it. Now the tough part. How to make this thing start. I used to sell appliances, you would think I could operate one. There is no "start" button. I need a button that says, "START". It should be colored orange or yellow. Randomly, I started pushing buttons and turning the knob. "click!", it started. Yeah, that's not too tough.

Today I have to run the washing machine. Perhaps I should look up some instructions on the Whirlpool website. Nah, random buttons worked fine yesterday, should work fine today too.

No comments: