Monday, April 04, 2005

odd noise

What's the odd sound I have been hearing the past few nights? Something I have not heard before. It only happens around the time I lay down in bed. Ever since Cari went out of town, before that, I don't recall EVER hearing it. I look around the room but see nothing odd. I lay still to hear it more clearly. Looking up, I see the shadow of the ceiling fan. The blades are still. That's it! It's not the noise I hear, it's the noise I DON'T hear!
Cari insists on having the fan on every night. Temperature does not matter, the fan will be on. She says it is for the sound, but the cool breeze on my face makes me think she enjoys my discomfort. I used to complain about this daily, but it was no use. I would never win that battle. So, this week, when she is away, the fan will sit motionless. Ah, the sound of a fan - off.

No comments: