Friday, April 01, 2005

DAY 1 : the calm before the storm

Well, day one is over.
I them what they wanted for dinner last night, and offered about five options. Of course, I was wasting my time, because we all know that pizza would be the answer. In goes a frozen pizza.
I did warn them that we would not be able to eat pizza every night this week, and maybe they would want to reserve a favorite for later in the week.

The table was pushed back to its normal position, the tv was off. While the pizza was cooking, we started our dinner with a cookie. We called the pizza, "dessert". We all ate pizza.

After dinner, we played upstairs for a bit and got pajamas on.

Just before bed, we all went downstairs to watch a bit of tv. Cari called about that time. I handed Randy the phone, "DAD GAVE US COOKIES FOR LUNCH AND DINNER!!!!".
It seems Randy has a hard time looking ahead. He was very proud of telling on me. He'll be in for a surprise today when he asks for a cookie.
After I got off the phone he asked with a smirk, "So what did mom tell you about feeding us?".
He figured I would be in trouble. I acted upset, and chased him around the house.

Bed time at 8. They went to bed without a problem.
I went down to race Nascar online. During the race, I spun two people around, mostly on accident. It was a short track, and they were moving too slow, I HAD to get by them. Well, after I caused my third accident, I excused myself from the race before anyone got angry with me. I turned off the computer and went to watch tv.

I had a dream last night about buying and selling real estate with little or no money down. I would become a millionaire within a month. I opened my eye to see that I was dreaming about an infomercial blaring from the television. It seems like only fifteen minutes later, Randy came down the stairs, before seven. We watched last nights Survivor on TiVo.

I offered about four choices for breakfast this morning. Sausages, toast, eggs, cereal. . .
"How about some pizza. Mom will always let us have pizza from last night.", he explained.
"cold or hot?", I asked.
"cold."
As he was eating his cold pizza, I could imagine the phone conversation this morning, "MOM, DAD GAVE US PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST!"

No comments: