Saturday, August 20, 2005

Emotional Roller coaster


Imagine my face when I saw this on the ground the other day. I didn't see anyone else around, so I bent down, picked it up, and shoved it in my pocket without looking back.

I don't have cash on me very often. When I do, it's normally no more than three dollars. I felt like I had just won the lottery. What great things could be done with this enormous fortune?

While I was working, I thought about what I may do. Maybe breakfast with Cari in the morning. Maybe something more selfish.


None of that mattered though. As I was walking out to my car that night, I reached in my pocket to get my keys. I felt that ten dollars in my pocket and pulled it out. I'm sure if you had seen me at that moment, you would have seen this special glow in my face. My eyes sparkling, my mouth smiling.

I started to unfold that bill to put it in my wallet. That's when my dreams came crashing down.

I was standing alone in the parking lot, but I spoke out loud.
"What the . . .!"
"I've been had!"

The sparkle quickly left my eyes and was replaced with fire. The smile on my face had turned upside down. WHO would do such a thing? WHY ME?

I flipped over this mock up money and saw the word, "disappointed?"

Heck yeah, disappointed! The rest of the text talked about being saved and offering your life to Jesus. Is that what it takes to get Jesus into someone's life? Give them hope and dreams, then take them all away? When you are at your lowest, you will go ask Jesus for help. Is there not a better way to get people into church?

I WANT MY TEN DOLLARS!!!

No comments: