Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Rainy Day Adventure

I had Cari and Meredith (Randy was in school) go on an adventure with me yesterday. We headed out to see some more waterfalls. These falls have several names, Twin Falls and Eastatoee falls are two of the names. It was raining when we got up there. I was determined to get a picture of these falls. So, the three of us walked up the quarter mile trail. In the rain.
We stopped under a large tree for about ten minutes to see if it would stop. When the rain did not let up, we continued. As we approached the falls, we saw a observation platform with a roof! When we reached the platform and I got my camera out, I realized it had stopped raining.


I took my pictures but then realized that taking pictures from the observation tower was not suffecient for me. I must climb to the bottom of the falls!!
I had done this at the Issaqueena Falls also.
In this picture, I am standing on the rock, between the two trees in the center. I have a black camera bag over my shoulder. You will probably only see it if you click for the larger version.


So, I began climbing over the granite rock and tree roots. I reached the bottom. This was still not good enough. Camera in hand, I started to make my way up a section of granite that would take me to the very base of the bigger falls on the left side. Water rushing all around me, I chose my steps carefully. It didn't matter how carefull I was because it only took one slippery rock for me to being sliding down. As I was sliding down, I had my camera held up, my free hand was trying to grip the smooth rock, and I looked toward my feet to watch the water get closer. Just before I thought I was going to swim, I stopped sliding.

I took a few more pictures.


Then I decided I should not try and climb to the base at that time. But I will be back!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Instead of where is waldo its where is Duck Hunter!!