Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stumphouse: defeated

Third time is a charm for me! My third trip to Stumphouse I took my wife, kids, and my parents.
To freshen your memory, you can read about trip #1 and trip #2.

So, we all headed out, flashlights in hand. Entering the tunnel was no problem, even for the children. As we got to the vent shaft the children started getting nervous. This is the farthest I had been previously. Mom wasn't really thrilled with being in this tunnel, so she volunteered to take the kids out. This worked out great, because as we ventured farther back I didn't want to be listening to my children cry.













We walked past the second doorway and things got darker and colder. At this point, when you turn off your lights, it is BLACK. The pathway became a raised, narrow walkway and the sides were designed to hold water. This added to the creepy factor. The back of the tunnel is a sloped wall. There is a shelf at the top of this slope. After all this time, I was not leaving until I touched the back of the tunnel. So, I climbed up and touched the very back. Cari asked, "What's it like up there?"
"Wet rock.", I responded.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm creeped out. It looks like the well from THE RING. Scary.

Michelle said...

I never saw the ring, but agree VERY CREEPY.

Duck Hunter said...

I have never seen The Ring either. I assure you, it IS scary. :)