Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lighthouse


We went camping at Hunting Island last night with Cari's uncle, aunt, and cousins. For the short stay we had, it was a great time. I have several great stories to tell. The first one is about Hunting Island lighthouse (and giftshop). Every sign for the lighthouse reminded us that there would be a giftshop.

The lighthouse was built in the 1800's and it has a lot of steps inside. It has so many steps because it is very tall.

Randy and I took the walk to the top. The entire time I was reminding him to slow down and hold on to the railing. The boy was fearless. When we made it to the top, you can walk out on the platform that circles the outside (just below the glass). You can see what I'm talking about in my picture. There is a freaking lady wearing a pink shirt in my picture. I sat in this field for about five minutes waiting for that lady to move. I finaly got tired of waiting and had to take my shot. I'll be photoshoping her out before I print it. Freaking slow poke! As we are standing on the outside platform, I have a firm grip on his arm. He is still fearless. When I decided to take his picture up there, I told him to hold on to the rail and not to move as I took a few steps back. Pretty much the same story can be told for our trip down the stairs. Slow down, and hold on.

No comments: