Thursday, August 11, 2005

Who put that wall there?

I was walking in the hallway at work looking at the posters on the wall. I got to the bathroom door, and I was still looking to the left at the posters in the hall. I turned to go into the bathroom and

WHACK!

My nose brushes the wall and my forehead smacks the door frame. My first thought was, "ugh." I didn't even want to know if anyone saw that. I just ducked into the bathroom. On my way out, I looked in the mirror and saw a huge lump forming on the newly formed red spot. Only once during the day did someone ask me about it. I told her I walked into a wall. She kinda laughed and then asked me what really happened. Guess she never heard of people walking into walls.



In other news, you should try and check out the PERSEIDS meteor shower that will be happening the next two nights. The report I read said peak times for us will be just before dawn Friday and Saturday. So, get up early and check it out. I have to get up early for work tomorrow anyway. So, if there are a good amount, I'm going to try and snap a few pictures. I'm sure you'll see them here if any turn out. Times are EST, so adjust accordingly:

Best viewing windows: Thursday evening into Friday morning, August 11/12, from 11pm until morning twilight gets too bright (4:30am or so). The best hours will be the morning ones. As a second option, Friday evening into Saturday morning, August 12/13, from 11pm until 4:30am. Rates may be fairly steady throughout the night.

No comments: