Monday, August 01, 2005

Welcome to the FUTURE!

We got a new washer and dryer yesterday. We didn't need them, our old ones worked fine. It was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. Also, the news units have quiet a few LED lights the old ones didn't have. More lights and buttons make it much better.

The new machines are the Whirlpool Duet set. It's a front load washer. After we hooked it up, we immediately had to use it.

You would think Cari and I have never seen a washing machine. The washer door is clear, so you can actually watch your clothes getting cleaner. That's exactly what we did.
After a few minutes I started getting bored of watching the washer, so I walked out of the room. Cari called back to me from her spot in front of the washer about a minute later, "It spins the other way too!". Big deal, right? Well, I went running back to the laundry room to see it tumble my clothes counter clockwise. Amazing! The things technology can do. My favorite part is the spin cycle. This thing will spin your laundry at 1,000 RPM. It sounds like a jet engine (but quieter). Towels come out so good, you could dry yourself off with them. Even after we had started our second load of laundry I had to run in there and check it out when I heard the spin cycle start.

Got to go, I think it's getting ready to rinse!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wonder what feelings might be experienced now if you thought you accidently cut the laundry cord with the landscaping shears.

Duck Hunter said...

LOL. I really appreciate your comment, Michelle.

If that ever happens, I asure you it WILL be on the blog. Why I would have the landscaping shears in the laundry room would be a good story to start with.