Saturday, May 05, 2007

Saving Money

Cari loves to come home from shopping showing me how much money she saved.
"How much do you think this costs?", she will ask while holding up the newest piece of clothing.
"Twenty dollars for that shirt."
She smiles, "Only ten dollars. It was twenty five! I saved us fifteen dollars!"
"Oh, wonderful.", I think to myself. Never mind the fifteen she saved, where did she find the ten that was spent?

A few months ago I was wanting to buy a MP3 player. Cari has one, and we share it, so she said I didn't need one. Of course I didn't NEED one, but I really did want one. The guys at work got some Samsung units that use touch screen type controls, has a nice screen, and has slide out, built in speakers. The built in speakers are great. Also a rechargeable battery that charges when plugged into USB on your computer.

I never got one. Never only lasted until last week. One of the guys at work wanted to sell his so he could buy an iPod.

When I got home from work I looked at Cari and held up my new MP3 player. "How much do you think this costs?"
She didn't have a lot of enthusiasm when she replied, "How much did you spend?"
"Well, it retails for $179.00.", I told her proudly.
She still wasn't excited. "How much did you spend?"
I turned it on and slid out the speakers so she could hear it. She didn't look impressed.

As the music played, I told her, "I paid forty dollars. I saved us $139.00!"

Never mind where I got the $40, this thing is awesome.

4 comments:

Mojo Jojo said...

Is it as big as it looks?

I want one also but the $$$ just scares me away.

Nice buy on the $40...and yes, look at all that $$$ you saved. ;)

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I'm so retarded. I don't even know the difference between an ipod and an mp3. Sad, isn't it? Still, a good deal is a good deal!
Are you going to upload the JIVE song onto your mp3? HA HA HA! I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. Some things in life are too bizarre to explain!

rakethetable said...

Looks good and I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THAT MONEY $$$ YOU SAVED!!!!

Tammy said...

Looks kinda complicated but has lots of buttons and I like buttons. Way to go Duck!