Thursday, May 17, 2007

Follow the Directions

After my hike this morning, I decided to finish trimming up the trees in the front yard. Three oak trees and a maple tree.

As I cut, the kids dragged the branches over to the circle of sand that is reserved for the pool. The pool is not up, so the sand has become my burn pit.

It didn't take long, or many matches, to get a good fire going. By dinner I was throwing the last branches on the fire. Mission accomplished.

Next on the list was to build the wagon that has been in my trunk since Cari purchased it two months ago. The school needs to borrow the wagon tomorrow, so I actually had to get this done.

I set the box on the ground near the car, empty the contents, and throw the box on my fire. After walking back over to the spread of parts, I open the instructions.

"Step 1: Do not destroy the packing and carton until the unit is completely assembled."

I glanced over at the box engulfed in flames. Then up at Cari. "What's wrong?", she asked.
I just handed her the instructions and she started laughing.

By the way, the wagon came out ok.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you figure it out? And if its so alright where is the pic of the finished wagon? :)
Michelle

Duck Hunter said...

Yeah, as far as I know, a wheel did not fall off yet. The wagon is at school now, no pictures.

Speed Seeker said...

hehe...Glad it's still in one piece.

Mojo Jojo said...

So I guess you don't have to have permission to start a fire in your yard?

Glad the wagon came out fine after burning the box.