Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mental game

Do you know how to make someone feel like they are getting a great deal? First you tell them some inflated price or number. Then as they talk you down and you accept, they feel like they got a great deal. At the end of the deal, you got what you wanted and the other person feels like they got one great bargain.

Cari has been talking about getting a new kitten since the lost of Maggot. I guess one cat, one dog, two kids, and a new baby just isn't enough in this house. I wasn't really fighting getting a new kitten, but I can't say I was excited about it.

I was at work the morning Cari was headed to the humane society. She called me and told me she was going to come home with a kitten or two.

"OR TWO!!??"

Cari explained that the kitten would need a playmate. "Wouldn't it be so much fun to watch two kittens play together?"

"Ummm. . .no. I think one kitten will be plenty." She was really pushing for two kittens for a few minutes. After being wore down I finaly just told her to get what she wanted to get. Isn't that what was going to happen anyway?

An hour later, I got a text message. "home with one kitten"
At that moment, getting one new kitten felt like I had won. Like I got a great bargain. I wouldn't have felt that way if she didn't fight so hard for two.

Meredith got to name the new kitten, since the dog is technicaly Randy's pet. She chose "Candy". A horrible cat name in my mind. I didn't complain to Meredith of course, but it is going to take some length of time before I'm willing to call this cat, "Candy".

The other cat that already resides here doesn't appreciate this kitten at all. The dog wants to taste her, and the kids don't want to put her down.

Here's some photographs of the new kitten.Adorable. Maybe we should have gotten two.

10 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

Aww...What a cute kitten. Almost makes me want to get another one...Almost. ;)

Anonymous said...

AWWWW..she is so cute. I want one!

Anonymous said...

I do this to kelly all the time, but he has begun to catch on :)
Mish

One Scrappy Gal said...

Two would have been cool... you can watch them wrestle!! :)

d e v a n said...

awwww

Mojo Jojo said...

How cute...I think Candy needs somebody to play with and maybe defend her (?).

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Awww!! So cute!! :)

Tammy said...

Awww- I wanna kitty!

rakethetable said...

Our House is leaning towards a kitten. However, right now 2 g-pigs are enought.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

There was no better way for you to have written this post. You got "had." But at least you saw it as a bargain on your part. Heh heh. It is a cute little piece of candy. Enjoy.

PS- You're right. I never got around to writing about my nifty weekend. I'll have to try again soon. I need to finish 3 finals first though.