Monday, May 07, 2007

Little House

About a week or two ago, I went for a hair cut. Getting a hair cut is not something I enjoy. I don't like to spend the money on it, and I don't like to sit and wait.

Most times, I don't have to wait for this barber, but this past time there was four people in front of me. There is only one barber in the shop, so I waited. He was closed due to being sick the day before, so I guess there was a back log of people with long hair.

As I sat waiting patiently, I watched the TV that hangs in the corner. After being there about twenty minutes, I started reading a magazine. That's when I heard the music. A very familiar song. It was the opening to Little House on the Prairie. I put the magazine down. Little House has got to be one of the best shows ever. I used to love watching it. I watched for about ten minutes, then it was my turn for a cut. I was the last customer. I thought about making the barber wait so I could see what Charles Ingles was going to do.

I finally got up for my hair cut. I normally make small talk with the barber. This time I was listening to Little House, so I didn't say much to Mark. It was funny, maybe he was tired, because he didn't say much to me either. Then again, maybe he likes listening to Little House as much as me.

Then this past Sunday, I got dressed and came down stairs for church and I see Meredith wearing this dress. This is now the "Little House" dress. I really like this dress on Meredith, and it again reminded me of this wonderful program.

3 comments:

John said...

Looks like you're the richest man in (whatever community they lived in)! (only episode I remember)

jen said...

walnut grove! :)

That was pretty funny. I like the dress too. I used to love that show, we would run home from the bus stop and watch it. But my husband thinks I'm off his rocker and makes fun of me and all of his friends who used to do the same thing. I tell him majority rules :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

It's Charles INGALLS!

Loved that show too. My mom used to always tell me growing up that she wished I was as obedient as Laura and Mary. :)