Thursday, May 24, 2007

Betrayed?

Friday was my last day at work before I moved to another location with the same company. I have been in the current spot for almost three years.

I knew that some would try to play tricks on me, so I prepared a trick against the office. Hopefully my assault would come unexpected and throw them off balance.

Early in the day I thought of my plan. A bit after lunch, my good friend Rick calls. Rick used to work in this location. He and I have had many prank battles and lots of great times.

I explained my plan to Rick. On Friday morning, I would arrive at work before anyone got in the office. I would fill the office with shopping carts. It would be awesome. Who wants to deal with that at 7am?
A lover of pranks, Rick approved. He even helped me plan it to be better.

A bit after 5pm on Thursday one of the office girls told me the office manager was expecting a room of carts in the morning. WHAT!!!?? HOW COULD THIS BE!!!??? The office manager is friends with Rick. He wouldn't. . . no! He just wouldn't do that. . . would he?

It turns out he did NOT tell the manager what was coming. During my planning stages, she caught on. With her expecting the joke, I had to abandon the plan.

Friday morning I arrived at work and walked into the office. I pulled one wheel off of each rolling chair and hid them in the shredder bin. Then I left. I did not want to be present when she sat in the chair and tipped it.

Fifteen minutes after 7am, she called me. "Where are my wheels?"
I started laughing. I refused to tell her. Still on the phone, I heard her telling my boss. He laughed and walked off. Finally, she stole a wheel off of another chair to repair her own.

An hour later, the next girl comes into the office. She sits in the chair and tips it. She also robs from the last remaining chair to repair hers. I walk into the office and the last chair is sitting in the corner. Three of five wheels missing. When the last person arrived at work, she complained about the chair missing wheels. I blamed the other two and left the office. Success!

They played along later in the day by taking shrink wrap and wrapping my car. I found out about it and cut it off shortly after lunch. By the time I was leaving work this afternoon, my car had been re-wrapped. This time with toilet paper. I think I got out pretty easy.

2 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

LOL...Good times. Gotta love a place with a sense of humor. In one of my old jobs, we covered the entrance to someone's cubical with that wrap used on your car and then filled it with those annoying Styrofoam packing peanuts. It was funny to see...I left before it was time to clean it up...hehe

GoGo said...

Thats not.. Common!

Thats not shrink wrapped! Ughh.

One tug and a knife and your free. They should of went over and under. For about an hour!