Thursday, September 01, 2005

CRISIS!

We are having an emergency here. I'm not sure how much longer the town can survive.
Signs all around town are starting to look something like this:
The problem is gas stations are running out of #3 signs. I've seen several signs with 1/2 a number three. I don't think any station owners ever planned on using that many three's on their boards. Hardware stores can not keep up with demand. There were a few reports of 3's missing off of mailbox sides.

While we are talking about gas stations, I'd like to say thank you to Mr. Spinx. Spinx owns a chain of gas stations in the area. He went on TV last night telling people there would be a shortage of fuel for the next seven days. No deliveries to the area. This caused some panic yesterday. Prices went up sixty cents. Customers would fill their car and every empty container they could find. Many gas stations in town are already out of gas. Thanks again, Mr. Spinx for causing unnecessary panic!

If anyone needs a #3, I've got five under my bed. They are selling for $25 each.

No comments: