Wednesday, September 28, 2005

So long, California!!!

California irritates me. Nothing good comes out of California. I've sent an official request to the army corps of engineers to go and cut California away from the continent. I don't expect a response until they have fixed New Orleans.

I'm not alone in my hatred of California and it's crazy inhabitants. If they wanted to break away and become their own country, there would be no civil war. We would all just wave goodbye and close the border.

I've never liked California or the things that come from there. The rulings that come from their courts make me sick. The latest ruling is what prompted me to write this.

From the WashingtonPost:

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 14 -- A federal judge ruled Wednesday that the law requiring the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools is unconstitutional and said he was ready to issue an injunction to three California school districts to halt the daily reciting of the pledge.


"Under God" is the reason for this ruling. The one, divorced, father that is atheist decided to stop this patriotic pledge.
"One nation, under God", is not forcing a Christian belief. It is not forcing a Jewish belief, or Muslim. The major religions in the United States all pray to a single God. The only person that wants to complain is the ONE guy who believes in NO God. When I was in school, we would stand with our hand over our heart and recite the pledge every morning. I believe there were two students in the school who remained seated and did not participate. They were not ridiculed, they were not singled out, and they did not complain. The pledge is NOT a prayer or a pledge of your religion. It is a patriotic statement. No matter what religion, or lack of religion a person claims to be, we are ALL Americans.

Want proof that I'm not alone? I found this on CNN:

Outraged lawmakers on both sides of the aisle blasted the ruling as "outrageous," "nuts," and "stupid." The U.S. Senate was so outraged by the decision that it passed a resolution 99-0 "expressing support for the Pledge of Allegiance" and asking Senate counsel to "seek to intervene in the case."

Here's another from CNN:
"Our Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves. This is the worst kind of political correctness run amok," Bond said. "What's next? Will the courts now strip 'so help me God' from the pledge taken by new presidents?"

Even the President:

White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said President Bush believes the ruling is "ridiculous."


here's the link to that CNN article.
I could go on all day, but I will spare you.

3 comments:

John said...

Duck Hunter,
When was the last time we closed any border? Let's you and me go start digging the ditch now, and not wait for the Corps.

GoGo said...

Can Washington and Oregon join Canada (BC) in the forth coming civil war?

Wren said...

"What's next? Will the courts now strip 'so help me God' from the pledge taken by new presidents?"

Yes, that is precisely what they will do, that and more. The madness will only end when they've corrupted America beyond any recognition.