Saturday, September 03, 2005

Don't pick on people bigger than you.

I woke up yesterday morning to water being flicked at my face. I opened my eyes. I think it was still dark out. I saw a toothbrush, at very close range. Randy had his finger on the bristles, spraying water in my face. He was laughing. Then he climbed up and sat on my back. He proclaimed that I was his couch. That's how my day started. After being up until two AM, waking up at seven.

At three o'clock I went outside. Randy's bus would be pulling up any minute. I sat in a white plastic chair next to a row of bushes on the driveway. In my left hand. . . a garden hose.

The bus pulled up, and Randy started up the driveway.
I stood up.
"Hey!", I shouted. "Remember this morning?"
Before he could answer he was being soaked from head to toe. He dropped his backpack and lunch box. Water continued to soak him. I would stop for a minute, then get him again.
I didn't get any water sprayed in my face this morning.

No comments: