Sunday, September 18, 2005

Welcome to Rick's World!

I told Rick the other day that he must live in an alternate reality.

It's all about perseption. Rick and I can watch the same movie and after, tell two different plot lines.

Welcome to Rick's World!
He makes some great carrot cake that he says is WORLD famous. That is quiet a claim. I asked what makes it WORLD famous. He told me that if people from different areas have tasted his cake, and those people spread word, then surely news of this great cake has traveled the world. (I suppose I'm only helping on his claim here).

Rick is in a weight loss contest. After one week he was up two pounds. He still swears that he is REALLY down four pounds. This after multiple people have witnessed the scales. He doesn't dispute his weight, just his weight change. Enjoy your stay in Rick's World!

I was in the office eating some WORLD famous cake. After I finished my piece, I sat in the office and talked with Rick a few more minutes. That's what friends do, right? Well, he offered me another piece. I told him how great his cake was, but declined to take another. A few minutes pass and he offers again. Again I declined. On the third offer, I took my second piece.

Later that night, Cari had seen Rick. She came home and said, "Rick tells the story of you getting two pieces different than you tell it." He basicaly told her that I begged for a 2nd piece. That I lingered in his office, tapping my fork to the plate until I got more. Welcome to Rick's Alternate Reality.

1 comment:

John said...

Duck,
You ARE making it come true . . . now even *I* know about Rick's carrot cake. In Alaska. Hey, it's Rick's world, we just live in it . . .