Monday, September 19, 2005

You Stink!

I was laying on bed after church yesterday. The four year old came into the room, looked at me, sat on the floor, and started crying. I turned on my side to face her but did not sit up. What in the world could she be crying about? Cari came into the room to investigate the screaming child.
"What did you do to her?", she asked me. WHY do I become an instant suspect? I was laying in bed peacefully and I became the victim.

"I didn't do anything to her.", I claimed. It was the truth.
Cari turned to Meredith and asked her, "What happened? Why are you crying?"
Meredith said she wanted to watch a movie in my room. I was still confused (and tired). I turned my back to the two of them and closed my eyes. Cari continued calming Meredith, and the girl continued to cry.

Cari picked her up, "You can watch a movie in here, dad is just laying down. Do you want to sit with dad?"

Meredith sniffed a bit then replied, "I'm crying because dad is stinky!"

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I totally understand that. I have a 4 year old myself and he has done the same to me and my Boyfriend. I hope they soon develop a bit more tact!!!!

Michelle said...

Faith gave me her first dirty look today.