Thursday, September 08, 2005

Learning about myself

Today I learned something about myself. I knew this has always existed in me to some degree. This afternoon it hit me, and I really thought about it.

Today I pulled out the ten dollar bill reserved for my lunch and made a purchase. I walked out to the car and called Cari.
"I bought myself a present with my lunch money.", I admitted.
She asked with curiosity, "what did you get?".
"I'm too embarrassed to tell you. I'll show you when I get home.", I replied.

It's something I normally only think about in the dark. Sometimes when I'm driving home, I think about "it".

"It" is my fondness of flashlights. I have four, 4-D Maglight flashlights in the house. Each a different color. These are great flashlights, and HEAVY. Good for whacking bad people in the head. Thankfully, I have never had to test whacking people. Maybe that is because they see my cool maglight and get scared.

I also have an old military flashlight. This one holds different filters in its handle to change the color of the light. This is not as bright, but fun to play with.

The flashlight I got today was on sale. That is what prompted my interest at first. It is a cordless, rechargable light. It can be charged in the car or at home. The reason I was embarrassed to tell Cari what I bought is because I already have a flashlight in each car and three sitting on my desk. She would not understand the importance of this really great deal.

This new flashlight puts out 1,000,000 candle power!!! That's a bright light. It says it will light TEN times the brightness of a car headlight. Did I tell you it is a MILLION candle power? That's a lot of candles. I wonder if they measure that with tea lights or the big jar variety. Maybe the testers use scented candles. A million scented candles would probably knock you out. That would be a tough job. I'm not sure I could get a million candles to light at the same time.

THAT is why I need this flashlight. With this light there is no worry about lighting candles.

I'm still on the look out on one of those flashlights with no battery. Some you shake and there are others that have a crank on the side to wind up some energy.

4 comments:

John said...

Okay, you're not alone. I have the same fascination with shiny objects, and, well, objects that shine.

Garry Nixon said...

I'd never thought about it before, but now I want a million candle power torch. And it's rechargable, you say? I bet I can't get one like that in Britain :-(

Anonymous said...

Must be a guy thing. The new cool thing in flashlights is led. I cant help for some reason to not point out that mine is bigger. I have a two mil rechargable I got for christmas last year. again it must be a guy thing

Duck Hunter said...

skydeath,

You use those 2 million candles to stun the deer, don't ya? hahah