Saturday, September 24, 2005

Falling Apart

Wow! What a day. Things are falling to pieces.

exhibit 1:
Walked into the kitchen to see that this plate had crashed to the floor. Earlier in the summer I was playing with the camera and took some close up shots of the flowers on the plate. It used to sit on a shelf in the kitchen area. The boy must have been jumping around upstairs and caused it to fall. It was the first fatality off that shelf.

exhibit 2:As she was walking on the walkway in the backyard, she tripped and fell face first onto one of the patio stones. The band-aid is covering up a big bruise/lump on her head. She screamed for about two hours. Well, maybe ten minutes. It was loud enough that my ears were ringing for two hours.


exhibit 3: is this enough yet? I've had a rough day.

This WAS an Oak Cutworm. Death by auto. He was making his journey across my driveway after devouring one of my oak trees. That's one less moth I'll deal with next spring.

3 comments:

John said...

Yeah,
when it rains, it pours. What I'm really wondering is are those skidmarks right in front of the cutworm? Are they that big?

Miranda said...

My mom always told me that bad things come in threes...

Duck Hunter said...

John, the worms are not THAT big. What you are seeing is chalk. After the tragedy, Randy became CSI and was doing some chalk outlines to investigate the death. I still deny driving the car.

Miranda, I'm just glad it stopped at 3.