Friday, September 23, 2005

Mr. Home Improvement


Earlier this week, I introduced you to my friend Rick. Rick reminds me of Tim Taylor from the now expired, "Home Improvement" show.

If something needs to be done, Rick will do it. If something at his house can be upgraded, it will be done. Need a gadget invented to assist you in life, go see Rick.

Rick's wife went out one day and left Rick in the house alone.
When she came home, he had cut a hole in the wall of the spare room. As she walked into the house, she saw him tossing construction debris out of this hole. AND he was enjoying it. This was not a planned project. Just a Rick moment.

I'm the other side of the story. If something needs to be done, I'll acknowledge it. If something at my house can be upgraded, Cari will do it. Need a gadget invented to assist you in life, go to Rick's house.

I need deadlines. Trash needs to be taken out? How soon do you need that done? Sometime in the next hour or sometime today? The water that flows over our front sidewalk after a heavy rain can be fixed by adding some drainage under the walkway. It hasn't rained in over three weeks, why waste time fixing something that isn't a problem? Randy wants his bed turned into a pirate ship. Add that to the list.

Recently, Rick has seemed to make it his mission to point out the projects I do not complete in a timely manner. Keep in mind this is the guy who cut a hole in house for fun. I'm going for a bike ride when I need fun.

Writing this blog was on my list of things to do today. My list just got shorter.

3 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

Hey DH, thanks for visiting. Can you send your buddy Rick up to my house for the weekend? Thanks.

John said...

Yeah, I'm with you - doing that stuff on my list right now. Only thing is, up here I do have a deadline. Winter. I'm a little irritated I haven't finished painting . . . . (sigh).

Duck Hunter said...

Yeah, I guess if Rick was my personal slave, I could send him your way, Edgy. You aren't that far away. Problem is, they outlawed slaves two years ago in South Carolina.

John, some things you can put off so long, that someone else will do it for you. Shhh...